Monday 17 March 2008

Challenge 6: Quotes and Sayings



Hi everyone! Thankyou for taking part in last week's challenge, all your beautiful creations are displayed below! This weeks challenge is - Quotes and Sayings. Try making an ATC, Card, Tag, Skinny, Scrapbook page, Fatbook Page (4x4) Gothic Arch, Moo Mini card, Skinny, Inchie or Altered Art. Don't forget to leave us a link to your blog in the comments section.

Wishing you a very Happy Easter,

Kate, Wendy, Lesley, Fifi, Becky & Jo

~~~~~~~~~~




Card
I used paper from DCWV stamped with a paperbagstudio stamp in black stazon. I then stamped the daisy on glittery white paper and cut it out and attached it with a glittery brad. I then stamped a small piece of the same DCWV paper with lots of different quotes and matted it all on mirri card. The final touch to the card was some gold thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~






Card
I used a quote sticker which says 'Children are poor man's riches' which I thought would make a lovely New Baby card. I coloured the Tilda image in with pencils and arranged assorted panels
around the image. I did some hand stitching on the card and doodling then added Primas and brads for decoration.
~~~~~~~~~~





Tag
I stamped on a tag with Versamark and clear embossed some words, then rubbed over the tag with Adirondack Raisin ink pad. I then stamped a Penny Black quote and edged it with gold Krylon, attached a couple of brads and added it to the tag, which I also edged with gold Krylon.
~~~~~~~~~~






Card
Backing paper from Paper Cellar - Men's. The image is a download from Cuddly Buddly - Local lads. Round Quote is from K&Co. Chalks to colour the background behind the image.
~~~~~~~~~~





Gothic Arch
I used pink, lilac and black cardstock and gold mirri card for my arch. I added lots of pink buttons, purple eyelets and purple & gold ribbon. The image & quote I used are by Heatwarming vintage cuts. The Quote reads: "Love can split the heavens in two and let the face of god shine through." The paper was made using a handwriting background stamp and then distressing with my tattered rose ink pad. I added a purple prima and I drew freehand gold detail with liquid pearls I also added a few sequins.
~~~~~~~~~~





Card
I was eager to use something that I bought at the NEC on Friday so I made an aperture card with some of this gorgeously fine fabric placed over the aperture. The stamps are a Serendipity cling set called 'Adirondack Chair' and I have water coloured the image with Lyra Wax Crayons. I have embossed some large spots with my crop-o-dile, stamped the quote underneath using Versafine Sepia and embellished with a couple of stamped and water coloured butterflies.
~~~~~~~~~~






With Thanks this week to,

Ann, Chrissie, Cynthia
Flati, Hels
Linda, Nessy
Rosie, Shaz, Monica
Angie, Adele, Andrea
Ann, Bee, Caroline
Hiedi, Hilda, Jane
Jozza, Kazza, Pup
She, Tina, Sian


27 comments:

Angie C said...

What beautiful DT projects again this week. I have just finished my pink one for last week.

I will try and get this one done tomorrow. hugs

Andrea said...

your artwork is all brilliant ladies and all so different, of to make mine, have enjoyed looking at yours, thanks for great challenges xx

Adele said...

Lovely examples ladies!! I struggled with this, a great excuse to buy more stash don't you think. I have done a "then & now" from the first time I used a stamp in 2004!!!LOL
Thank you for the challenge, love

Dingle.x

Tina said...

Here is my work for the challenge!

http://moonlightscrapsandstamps.blogspot.com/

Hugs
Tina

Monica-FC said...

I have put my ATC's on my blog. just scroll down a bit to see them.

http://Monica-FC.blogspot.com

Ann said...

WOW!! Fab DT cards & congrats to new member Jo!!! xxx Great challenge, mine is on my blog now, hope you like them (bookmarks) Thanks - really enjoyed this one!!! xxx

shaz earl said...

Some wonderful work Ladies and a great challenge thank you mine is on my blog now xx

Chrissie said...

Great theme ladies, here's my entry.

Rosie said...

Lovely projects ladies... and twice as many!! Here's a tag for you!

http://alteredartandstuff.wordpress.com/2008/03/19/quotes-and-sayings/

Angie C said...

Love the DT's projects again this week.

I've done fat book pages - they are on my blog

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

lovely samples

here's my card

jane x

http://carrollscreations.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-time-to-craft-challenge-6.html

Sian said...

Great challenge and I love your DT examples.

Here is my attempt

http://themadthoughtsofacraftycow.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-time-to-craft-challenge-6.html

Bee said...

my attempt is now on my blog

wttp://nannabeeshive.blogspot.com/

I am loving little moos.

xx

nessy said...

hi girls - lovely creations -great inspiration!! great challenge.
here is my card ~ magnolia friendship quote at nessysnotes.blogspot.com
thanks for looking!!
vanessa xx

flatis stempelwelt said...

Some wonderful work Ladies and a great challenge thank you xx
here is my ATC
flatis Basteleien

Thanks for looking

Heidi said...

Thanks for this challenge and your lovely examples. Mine are at
http://craftinginasmallspace.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi girls. Great challenge and lovely artwork. Have made mine now, it's here http://craftyshe.blogspot.com/2008/03/quotes-and-sayings.html
Really enjoyed this, may have to make some more! :-) xxxx

crafty creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crafty creations said...

Hi - what an inspiration you all are - stunning work.

I've joined the challenge this week - please take a look - you can see it here

http://hilmof.blogspot.com/2008/03/this-is-my-entry-for-challenge-on-my.html

caroline said...

love your projects/art work ladies just had to have a go...its my forst attempt at a gothic arch(hides rapidly)

Ann Whitfield said...

Beautiful DT projects ladies and I apologise for running a little late with my entry this week - I'm just grateful to have made it at all! It's on my blog
http://craftblogspiritofcreativity.blogspot.com/2008/03/challenges-to-support-challenge.html

Rainbow Lady said...

Just in time for this week I think. Not much time.
Thanks for having a look
Love Cynthia x

http://rainbowladyscraftyblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/time-began-in-garden.html

Jozza said...

Gorge cards everybody :-)

Mine is on t'blog now :o)

Unknown said...

Fabulous artwork ladies!

Sorry I am late again!

My entry is here

Kazza said...

Finally got mine done at the last minute. Great challenge :o) mine is on my blog now :)

Mucky Pup said...

So sorry I am late with this!
Here's my card.

Anonymous said...

t's such a important site. fanciful, acutely interesting!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony Mozgowe[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://www.dopalarka.pl/zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,9335/]opony[/url]